Pants has been putting in some extra hours finishing up a project lately. The poor guy was yawning through his cup of coffee last night, so I wanted to make him an extra-special energy smoothie to start off the week.
I love making this little number on birthdays or big exam days (it actually originated when I had a big exam on my birthday). The chocolatey goodness not only makes me feel totally spoiled, but also peps me up and keeps me going for hours!
Note: one look at the ingredients list will tell you this is NOT a light smoothie. Enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Power Smoothie (Serves 2)
- 1 Cheribundi Tart Cherry Smoothie pack (or 1/2 c sliced tart cherries)
- 1/2 c fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1.5 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 1-2 Tbsp raw cacao
- 1/2 tsp mesquite powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Optional: 1 Tbsp chia seeds (I omit for myself, but include for Pants)
- A whole mess of spinach (3-4 handfuls)
- 1.5 c water
- Place all ingredients in the blender in order listed.
- Blend at a lower speed until everything is mixed.
- Blend at higher speed until you achieve desired consistency
- Spoil yourself and enjoy!